Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Bostrom - The Simulation Argument

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Hay Modwiz... wiz of a wiz.....I watched your video above and just finished it. Kudos at describing dreams...Yea verily.

(After my last post regarding the acronym Mayan I decided to watch your vid)

I answer you with this from Edgar Allen Poe who put it quite poetically in the first minute of this video:

Last edited by Shadowself, 20th May 2015 at 16:29.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Church (20th May 2015), Dreamtimer (5th July 2015), pointessa (13th September 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 381 Posts
    Almost every day I get the repeated sensation that we are in some sort of hologram. As the days go by, I get this feeling more and more. Gaps and glitches in the matrix are becoming more common.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th July 2015), Church (20th May 2015), pointessa (13th September 2016), sandy (21st May 2015)

Thanks
    Good morning!

ON the run (to work) but wanted to leave this for thought:

Synchronicity and 11:11

Advances in Wireless Networks and Information Systems

Could this be the reason we see it all the time? I don't know but it sure is intriguing!

Of course it's not the first time someone has related 11:11 to binary code....but this one is a bit exceptional I must say.

The book this is from is titled:
    Advances in Wireless Networks and Information Systems
    Last edited by Shadowself, 21st May 2015 at 15:38.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th July 2015), Dreamtimer (5th July 2015), pointessa (13th September 2016), RikkiTikkiTavi (6th July 2015)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks

Cool This should be the "Real Disclosure", we live in a simulation w/ET's

If the truth be known, I think this should be the "real" disclosure! Us and the ET's are all in the same boat, sorta speak. We're all in a simulated environment. And could it be possible that ET's are here because they know that our ancestors many, many generations and eons ago codified the data that was used to build this construct? (Just a wild guess)

Maybe some ancient highly intelligent ET race found the space probe that we launched into space that was carrying a memory device that had all of our planet data encoded onto it. And that was done because the PTB at the time had knowledge of some catastrophic planetary event was going to happen?

Or this is the simulation generated from a device that was deep underground (hence all the data collection happening in the world today be governments) and there was a cataclysmic event topside?

Regardless, I feel we are in a simulated environment. There is just too much evidence of it to be just coincidental. This makes much more sense to me than having disclosure for space games. Is this the terrifying information that would disrupt the balance of the world? Gimme a break! Let's do this, I'm psyched!

Bare with me, my attempt at satire.....

Oh wow! Have you played the demo of the latest Sims game? It's called "Sims: The Revelation of Slavery". Touted as "the most technically advanced simulation game ever designed", by the leading designers in the industry! And honestly, you have to experience this game to truly appreciate it's brilliance and creativity. The designers are giving "FREE" access to everyone to beta test it and they would appreciate your comments and feedback.

To participate in the beta test please visit;

www,slaverythenewfreedom,com/openyoureyesandlookaroundbutdontthinktoomuch/obey/

It's getting rave reviews! I give it 6 stars out of 6!

And just for kicks, this sorta goes with the "slave satire", check out the eyes, this guy did a good job producing the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g_2T-824vw

[End Satire]

*Yes, I am aware that there are some links that have already posted previously*

Along the thoughts of the "simulation" consider checking out these links;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yanQ5H4kMEM

And mentioned in the above linked video;

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

Also..... http://people.idsia.ch/~juergen/digitalphysics.html

Think SkyNet or the so-called "Beast"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMQoN5FLU0

http://thespiritscience.net/2015/03/...grow-with-you/

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/03/01/the-beast/

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/05...beast-part-ii/

As I learn more through constantly processing information (thinking), sifting and categorizing and correlating it all to form my truth, my reality and ultimately my world. We all do this naturally, but each of us has a tendency to process the information (data) differently with levels of detail and priorities. And thus create unique experiences for each of us. Some may have similar experiences. However, each person's experience is, none the less, unique.

Looking back to humanity’s recent past when the telegraph was invented and how that system was physically connected by wires using a device that produced a series of electrical pulses (code) to convey information (data) over many miles. Is it any wonder that we have refined that process of data transmission to eliminate the physical connection and be able to transmit and receive over the distance of our solar system and beyond?

Now considering also the advancement of computers and the processors that are incorporated in them. And don’t forget the crude pixilated graphics just a mere 30 years ago, along with the rudimentary simplistic software programs, now with stunning realistic 3D graphics and much more robust computer code/programs. This technology has evolved into quantum computers that are now able to surpass the speed of processing by the human brain 200%!

And within the next decade, according to “Moore’s Law” [which roughly claim that computers double in processing power every two years] there will be computers built that will be able to compute an entire lifetime of 80 years, including EVERY thought conceived during that lifetime, within the time span of 30 days! WHOA!!!!!

Combine this information with the well established theory of the “electric universe”, would it be such a far fetched idea that we live within a fractal hologram? An environment that is the fractal of another, of another of another, etc,..? And for the record, in my opinion, this does not negate the idea of there being a GOD or Creator, in fact it may actually prove there is such an entity and we are all part of that.

So, are we repeating the steps of our forefathers of eons ago, over and over? May be. It's time to "E"volve rather than "Re"volve.

Speaking for myself, I am growing tired of the petri dish slavery simulation.

The rabbit hole is very deep and if you so choose to explore it there are rewards to be had of your fondest dreams. However, be warned it will be a most difficult journey, as well. Your full potential will never be achieved without venturing outside of the box.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th July 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by MaryMay View Post
    Oh! There was this movie on Tv recently, or within the year. It was a three day show only. Man I want to remember the name! But it showed a group of people in a simulation., where they thought they were in a spaceship and had somewhere great to go. The time frame of the show was the 50's or so..
    One guy escaped and had a mental breakdown realizing that wasnt 'real'.
    I think the people who did it wanted to see what would happen in that scenario. Then! there was this young girl born who had special abilities. they tried to make them go away with injections. Anyways, your post brought me to this memory.

That show was called "ascention". I don't think the title was an accident either, looking back at the plot of the miniseries. I'm personally hoping it gets made into a full series.

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    It's a crazy idea....but is it crazy enough to be true?

What truth can be derived from an acronym? I don't know....you tell me?

A computer is composed of logic gates of a basic.... YES AND NOT Correct?

check it:

Micro Array of Yes And Not ~ MAYAN

Nah!!!! Couldn't be....huh?
    Shadowself thanks for posting this. I wrote a couple of "thoughts" a while back just mucking about and toying with an idea of using acronyms as code. I'll post them here. Keep in mind I mainly did it for my enjoyment and just for something to exercise my brain. But, who knows, it may instigate a thought in the right direction leading to something larger? Don't laugh too hard when you read it, I'm just a lowly imaginative dreamer. And my opinions do change from time to time, dependent on sifting through new data.

My Theory About Everything From Genesis To Infinity And Everything In Between

I was bored today and figured I'd write something to instigate thought, contemplation, maybe even laughter, or worse.

I am not a physicist, philosopher or any other type of formally educated professional. I do try to seek out knowledge, think critically and apply reason and logic to answer questions that happen to present themselves to me. Usually resulting in more questions presenting themselves. An interesting and entertaining paradox as I see it.

One of the most enduring questions of my life has been,.."Is there a GOD and Who or What is GOD?" Before I answer this, let me state my opinion on what GOD is not. GOD is not, in my opinion, an old bearded man that floats around on a cloud and listens or hears every prayer that has ever been spoken or thought.

With that said I will state that I acknowledge GOD to be the process to which everything is accountable to. Similar to, but not accurately "process theology".

That is utter nonsense you might think, but please bare with me as I explain my rationale for acknowledging such an idea. Actually my answer to the question was the byproduct of my investigation into the origin of our universe.

It is written in the bible that (to paraphrase) God created man in his own image. Okay, most would agree to that statement as being a true statement in the bible.

Well let's examine the make up of man. We are in fact a biological computer. We have a processor (our brain), peripherals such as eyes, ears, mouth, nose, skin, along with hands and feet that are utilized by the brain to interact with our environment. We have a BIOS (firmware if you will) which is basically our subconscious.

But what about our consciousness? Our consciousness is in fact a process, or rather the result of process. A more developed process than the other creatures we share our world with in the fact that we may recognize, or believe in unseen, unheard and unfelt entities. Rather than be moved to action by pure instincts alone.

Alright, so, if GOD is a "process", what does this mean and how did the "processing" start? Before I explain my thoughts on this question, consider this,...

Zero represents a conflict of error. Let that sink in for a bit,... Zero represents a conflict of error.

There is no proof, logic nor reasoning to accept the concept of "nothing/zero" other than a human need to indicate our limited ability to compute. As such this promotes a false limit, or truth, if you will, to modern understanding and technology of our world, it's recent civilizations and the universe.

How can ancient knowledge of "sacred geometry" evidence be explained? Could the error of the zero concept be the cause of our inability to figure out the answers and the limits of our understanding? Zero was first used at about 900 A.D., many thousands of years after evidence of sacred geometry knowledge first appeared. Okay, so back to the question at hand. How, what, when did the process start?

Since the concept of "no thing", "no entity" is impossible, because hey, GOD had to exist, right? Even if GOD was, at the instant of the beginning, a single minute "thing/entity" there was, in fact, something at the beginning. Consider the idea of a "GOD particle".

Evolution is the cause of creation as creating is the cause of evolving.

At this point of only one entity in existence, there was no time. What was the "entity"? I don't know, however I theorize that it was so miniscule it was all but nonexistent.

One entity separated and the sum of which was then two entities, so on and so forth.

Prior to separation the one entity had both opposing/opposite qualities (light and dark, positive and negative,..etc) at the same time. (Research Quantum computing theory and qubits)

Energies both repelling and attracting simultaneously

Infinite proportion and yet a finite cycle operation.

Perfect balance.

The energy flow of a torus. (See Arthur Young - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gu7c70t9pc (PI, the TORUS and Consciousness)

Think magnetism and picture, if you will, the diagram of the flow of magnetic energy around our planet.

And then there was GOD. A process of evolution, creation and ultimately consciousness.

Realization of itself. Reaction in and of itself.

Primal consciousness, acknowledgement, awareness, the sum of which is self and equates to time as humans perceive it.

Past present future, are theories/results of time. Resulting in the concept of change/action.

Movement is the result of the concept of change/action.

It is the law of nature that humans call balance and imbalance resulting in the concept of harmony. Energy waves, audible and optical, whether we see or hear them or not.

Upon giving the above statements consideration of both reason and logic, is it not possible that these are the premise of all that does and will exist?

We have been provided a gift. The gift is a multi dimensional infinite computational puzzle.

Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion. I've tried to provide a brief conceptual theory of Alpha/Genesis to infinity.

A Proposition Of ME, US and THEM

ME - Mutable Energy
    US - Unified System
    THEM - Transcending Harmonious Energy Multiverse

This is what happened;

Transcending harmonious energy advanced logically intelligent virtual energy, conditioning operating directional energy. Conditioned residual energy advanced transcending energy direction, logically operating virtual energy, hindering advanced transcending energy, transcending operational recycling unified system, advanced neutral direction, transcending intelligent multiverse energy.

THE - Transcending Harmonious Energy

ALIVE - Advanced Logically Intelligent Virtual Energy

CODE - Conditioning Operating Directional Energy

CREATED - Conditioned Residual Energy Advanced Transcending Energy Direction

LOVE - Logically Operating Virtual Energy

HATE - Hindering Advanced Transcending Energy

TORUS - Transcending Operational Recycling Unified System

AND - Advanced Neutral Direction

TIME - Transcending Intelligent Multiverse Energy
    ================================================== ============

Speaking The Native Tongue

Just messing around I created a new language for the future. Enjoy!

A - Advanced / Acquiring

B - Bidirectional / Basic

C - Conditioned / Conditioning

D - Direction / Directionally

E - Energy / Energize / Energizer / Exchange / Exchanger

F - Finite / Fundamental

G - Geo / Gate

H - Harmonious / Hindering

I - Intelligent / Integrated

J - Jugis (adj. continual, ceaseless, perennial, constant)

K - Kinetics / Kinetically

L - Logical / Logistical / Linguistic

M - Mutable / Mutational / Multiverse

N - Neutral / Neutralizer / Navigator

O - Operating / Operation / Operational

P - Progress / Progressive / Prope (near)

Q - Quantum / Que

R - Recycled / Recycling / Recycler / Residual

S - System / Simultaneous

T - Transforming / Transformational / Transfer / Transcending

U - Unified

V - Virtual

W - Watch / Watching (to guard)

X - Xeno (alien, strange)

Y - Yconia (an image)

Z - Zeus
    ================================================== ==========

1 - One - Operational Neutral Energy
    2 - Two - Transformational Watching Operation
    3 - Three - Transforming Harmonious Recycled Energy Exchange
    4 - Four - Finite Operational Unified Recycler
    5 - Five - Finite Intelligent Virtual Energy
    6 - Six - System Intelligent Xeno
    7 - Seven - System Energy Virtual Exchange Neutralizer
    8 - Eight - Energy Intelligent Geo Harmonious Transformation
    9 - Nine - Neutral Intelligent Neutralizer Energy
    0 - Zero - Zeus Energy Recycle Operation

Sample:

System Transfer Advanced Recycling Transformation, Progressive Recycling Operation Gate Recycler Acquiring Multiverse;

Acquire Directionally Jugis Unified Simultaneous Transfer,
    Acquire Navigator Direction, Mutable Advanced Intelligent Neutralizer Transferer Advancing Integrated Navigator,
    Harmonious Unified Mutable Advanced Neutralizer,
    Condition Operational Neutralizing Direction Intelligently Transforming Intelligent Operation Navigator, Transfer Operation,
    Progressive Exchange Acquiring Conditioned Energy Fundamental Unified Logic, System Transfer Advanced Transforming Energy;

Exchange Neutral Advanced Conditioned Transformer,
    Acquire Navigator Direction, Mutable Advanced Intelligent Neutralizer Transferer Advancing Integrated Navigator,
    Progress Logical Advanced Neutral Energy Transformational,
    Exchange Conditioned Operational Logic Operating Geo Intelligent Conditioning Acquiring Logic,
    Basic Advanced Logical Acquiring Neutral Conditioned Energy, Simultaneous Yconia System Transforming Energy Multiverse;

Recycling Energy Progress Exchanger Advanced Transfer, Progressive Recycling Operation Gate Recycler Acquiring Mutiverse,
    Transfer Operation, Integrated Neutral Fundamental Intelligent Navigator Integrated Transforming Yconia;

Last edited by RikkiTikkiTavi, 5th July 2015 at 05:17.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (11th July 2015), idigress (28th August 2015), Shadowself (11th July 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It IS in fact a "kind of" computer simulation, super holographic in nature. it is "produced" by human souls (those that create whole universes), for humans souls so that they can learn in this simulated enviroment. In this sense you could say the "computer" processing it is located in the beyond realms, if you like and you outsource a soul fragment (avatar/player/actor) into it, "logging yourself in". since it is a programmed enviroment, there is a script that it follows (for each timeline).

Thanks

Code casting vs Spell casting

Just a random fickle thought,.....

In the great scheme of things, are we exactly where we are supposed to be within the simulation? For instance suppose running this program (that has been repeatedly cycling) we always reach the same point of technology at the same time and certain actions take place at predetermined triggers.

For instance, the English language is needed to be developed to a certain "state" before it can be used to encode an earlier language like say, Latin? I mean really, isn't "spelling" just an early form coding? Like having the binary code used to facilitate communicating with computers, but, to learn how that is done, a verbal language needs to be used to educate a person on how.

And then verbal language is used to program sound frequencies. The very basic being OOOOOOM, as an example. So, yes it's all some type of processing code and programing. We have the keys, we just need to find the lock that they fit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

ZShawn (9th August 2015)

Thanks
    "When people say, 'You're not being realistic,' they're just trying to tag some thoughts that they can't otherwise handle."
    — David R. Brower

I get the feeling that people have a hard time considering we are a simulation (with a conscious/soul). But yet, are comfortable with the belief that we are some kind biological/energetic entity that is conscious and has a soul. What is the difference?

Frankly, I think the simulation idea provides more options and therefore more beneficial probabilities for our future.
    Last edited by RikkiTikkiTavi, 11th July 2015 at 01:49.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (11th July 2015)

Thanks
    It seems appropriate to add to this thread:

Vast Active Living Intelligence System

First his broadcast revelation:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

PK Dick on Valis:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af2q_u0Fu8I

I UNDERSTAND PHILIP K. DICK

by

Terence Mckenna:

http://www.sirbacon.org/dick.htm

The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick

VALIS has been described as one node of an artificial satellite network originating from the star Sirius in the Canis Major constellation. According to Dick, the Earth satellite used "pink laser beams" to transfer information and project holograms on Earth and to facilitate communication between an extraterrestrial species and humanity. Dick claimed that VALIS used "disinhibiting stimuli" to communicate, using symbols to trigger recollection of intrinsic knowledge through the loss of amnesia, achieving gnosis. Drawing directly from Platonism and Gnosticism, Dick wrote in his Exegesis: "We appear to be memory coils (DNA carriers capable of experience) in a computer-like thinking system which, although we have correctly recorded and stored thousands of years of experiential information, and each of us possesses somewhat different deposits from all the other life forms, there is a malfunction—a failure—of memory retrieval."

At one point, Dick claimed to be in a state of enthousiasmos with VALIS, where he was informed his infant son was in danger of perishing from an unnamed malady. Routine checkups on the child had shown no trouble or illness; however, Dick insisted that thorough tests be run to ensure his son's health. The doctor eventually complied, despite the fact that there were no apparent symptoms. During the examination doctors discovered an inguinal hernia, which would have killed the child if an operation was not quickly performed. His son survived thanks to the operation, which Dick attributed to the "intervention" of VALIS.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th July 2015), dianna (11th July 2015), Dreamtimer (12th July 2015), RikkiTikkiTavi (11th July 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    It seems appropriate to add to this thread:
    Thank you very much for posting this. It helps in relieving my thirst!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RikkiTikkiTavi For This Useful Post:

Shadowself (13th July 2015)

Thanks

Is The Concept of Biocentrism a Hypothesis of Ancestor Simulations?

Robert Lanza is interviewed by Art Bell in this YouTube audio. It's an interesting subject, however Dr. Lanza keeps referring to "the big bang" and not really clarifying "what" consciousness is. At least he says in another talk that I listened to, that he needs to be careful of how he presents this hypothesis about "biocentrism", being a mainstream scientist, or else he will lose credibility amongst his peers.

So anyway, (grasping at straws?) another consciousness apart from this universe, turned the computer on?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68oFaRYaqQ
    Last edited by RikkiTikkiTavi, 24th July 2015 at 15:00. Reason: spell check, word arrangement

Thanks
    Being over 30 years old the 1982 movie "Tron" was surprisingly a very accurate technological analogy of what we are now experiencing with the encroaching NWO. And made by Disney, at that!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-IF7R-fgo
    Last edited by RikkiTikkiTavi, 14th August 2015 at 21:05.

Thanks

Single DNA molecule could store information for a million years

“A little after the discovery of the double helix architecture of DNA, people figured out that the coding language of nature is very similar to the binary language we use in computers,” Dr Grass said.

“On a hard drive, we use zeros and ones to represent data, and in DNA we have four nucleotides, A, C, T and G,” he said.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...internalSearch

Thanks

Is An Alien Message Embedded In Our DNA?

However, there are other possibilities too. I’ve previously written about the far-out notion that the universe we observe was built just for us and exists inside a computer program (with apologies to The Matrix film trilogy). Therefore the idea that some programmer somewhere wrote the genetic code for life in their model universe is consistent with the authors’ suggestions.
    http://news.discovery.com/space/alie...ode-130401.htm