Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: You Are Not Your Thoughts

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    New to this thread. Unfortunately, the initial thrust of this points to reality being a simulacrum i.e. my being a part of a larger simulation.

May well be true and actually it is one of the three highest probability choices I see of the state of my "reality" right now, and frankly the one I least like.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,447 Times in 10,157 Posts
    In what way a simulation DD ?

Along the lines that Divine Feminine speaks of ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (16th December 2015)

Thanks
    If my thoughts are not my own, then I'm not thinking for myself. If I'm not thinking for myself, I'm part of a simulation built by some higher intelligence for some, as yet, unknown reason and programmed to think that I think. As I said, I like this the least, but see it as having the highest probability of being the state of reality as it explains away everything including things I find very objectionable in our "reality."

Numerous scientists like this "theory of everything" and it has been judged by one British group of Scientists to be the " most likely" by a "proof" that I can't lay my hands on at this moment.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st December 2015), Dreamtimer (16th December 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I don't like it either. I'd much rather think I'm flesh and blood. What I want and what is.....don't always match.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st December 2015), Dumpster Diver (17th December 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 922 Posts
    DD, could it be that your thoughts are part of a collective? A collective that reveals your part to you in a special way? Special because you are You and the time you spend here existing has purpose? Purpose that may be a simulation, extrapolation or a parameterized repetition of some sort, but none the less is as large as life itself?

I think Aianawa is somehow gazing upon this all that is not immediately clear, especially when you first find yourself sharing in these ideas here and now.

There may be other ways to express, of course, but all forms that I've explored are at least equally abstract, including Dreamtimers "flesh and blood" view.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcam88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    If my thoughts are not my own, then I'm not thinking for myself. If I'm not thinking for myself, I'm part of a simulation built by some higher intelligence for some, as yet, unknown reason and programmed to think that I think. As I said, I like this the least, but see it as having the highest probability of being the state of reality as it explains away everything including things I find very objectionable in our "reality."

Numerous scientists like this "theory of everything" and it has been judged by one British group of Scientists to be the " most likely" by a "proof" that I can't lay my hands on at this moment.
    Your logical processing or say brain maybe, is yours, intuition is yours, being present in the now moment is yours.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (17th December 2015)

Thanks
    My struggle with this is: I've been quite successful (money and prestige) in decision science. Most of it is using math models to predict "the future." As I've gone along, I've developed a very real sense of "thinking outside the box" i.e. looking at problems for essentially new and perhaps unusual directions to come to "better" or certainly more "robust" solutions to problems. Since I've spent a lot of time thinking about such things I'm thusly fairly reluctant to think I'm "channeling" someone else's solutions even if it's that *clown* who claims to be my "higher self" or any other more evolved being(s).

While I've stumbled over all this "alternate reality" biz, I'm not liking it, and pretty unhappy over the "new" rules.

I sorta liked the old rules.

The GF says I'm kinda arrogant about all this. I'm thinking she's right.

But it's tough realizing that instead of having a university degree in life, you're only in, perhaps, 1st grade.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st December 2015), Dreamtimer (17th December 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    DD, I can totally relate to that last statement.

I've come across many very smart and successful people who are arrogant. The problem with arrogance is it can make people stupid. They're so sure of themselves and their positions their minds become closed. The ones who don't fall into this trap have wisdom. That higher self of yours is no clown, just your wiser part.

I raised my son to be confident but not arrogant. It's an important distinction.

Whether my thoughts are my own or not I proceed as if they are. It's my responsibility. It's entirely possible that as you get better at thinking for yourself your thoughts do become more your own.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Okay, got where you are coming from DD, noosphere and Jose arguelles,s understanding of it may give you another avenue.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dumpster Diver (17th December 2015)

Thanks
    Dreamy, I am arrogant. Most successful folks in our culture are. I bought into it thinking I'm following the "rules" of society.

However, the damnable math has shown me that a lotta things have been hidden from me and I'm just a *little* unhappy about this. The society rules are bullish*t and I'm almost starting over. YUCK! (actually I'm saying a very bad word that rhymes with this) ...and...part of the learning process has me learning to eat this arrogance for the rotten fruit it is.

Aianawa, the whole reason I'm here (and sticking around) is to learn this new stuff from you guys. My cultural *nature* is rebelling, and I'm trying hard to subdue it. I'm looking up your suggestions and *dealing* with them.

Baby-steps.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 17th December 2015 at 11:49.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st December 2015), Dreamtimer (18th December 2015), lcam88 (17th December 2015)

Thanks
    Lol yip got ya DD, maybe go more experiencial, shortens the journey, learn reiki, then start on some old goodies to read > Conversations With God series, Power of Now, The Ringing Cedars series and Time and the Technoosphere to tickle the brain lol, best wishes and love your courage, getting out of ones box/CONditioning is to be applauded.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th December 2015), Dumpster Diver (18th December 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Lol yip got ya DD, maybe go more experiencial, shortens the journey, learn reiki, then start on some old goodies to read > Conversations With God series, Power of Now, The Ringing Cedars series and Time and the Technoosphere to tickle the brain lol, best wishes and love your courage, getting out of ones box/CONditioning is to be applauded.
    Thanks, something seems to be working. I've got friends commenting on my riding the "crazy train" where a few years ago I was thought "normal" or as "normal" as a math geek can be.

One thing is good: I don't panic anymore. The planet X/chemtrail/cabol/armageddon stuff no longer really bugs me. I'm somewhat serene with it...mostly. Realizing I'll just reincarnate has taken the edge off.

I'm off to read up on the stuff you posted, thanks again.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2015), Dreamtimer (18th December 2015)

Thanks
    If your a maths nut, you may find the Arguelles 13 20 material an interesting rabbit hole indeed DD, also lots of no mind meditation and the opposite, the tzolkin which is greatest computer Ever lol.
    Last edited by Aianawa, 20th December 2015 at 23:46.

Thanks
    Love to hear some feedback on your read up DD.

Thanks
    Happy minds to all and laughter, bliss and compassion as we injoy the holydays and relax, reflect, regenerate while doing our best to continue the greatest time on Earth > the moment.

This thread appears to be my best thread contribution to TOT, thankyou >

What you try to do is you try to push out some things and keep the others. That is the mistake. You say this is good, that is evil. That is the problem. You say this is sacred, this is profane. That is the problem. You have to accept all that is there. You accept the most beautiful thoughts and you have to accept the most terrible thoughts because they are all happening inside of you. That is the truth.

Thoughts are millions of years old. They are not your thoughts. They are just flowing through you. That�s all. The structure of thoughts does not change. Only the object has changed. Thought has remained the same. Thought is essentially measurement. It is comparison. Ancient man was measure and comparing. You also do. He was comparing how many cows he had, how much the neighbor had. You are comparing how many cars you have, how many the neighbor has.

Comparing is thought. It is measurement. All thought is measurement. It is comparison. It does not change. They are not your thoughts. They are there. So your thoughts are not your thoughts.

Your mind. What is the mind? The mind is full of thoughts and the mind is a human mind. It�s very, very ancient. The same structure: fear, jealously, anger, hatred, worry about the past, worrying about the future. It has not changed at all. Only the objects have change. Desire is there. You had desire for a spear. You have desire for money. That�s all. You had fear of the saber-toothed tiger. You have fear of the share market. That�s all. The structure is the same and the mind is very, very ancient. So your mind is not your mind. It�s very, very ancient. It is just there. You assume it is yours. So your mind is not your mind.

Your body. Your body is not your body. You did not design your body. It was designed millions of years ago. The same structure: the nose is here, the ear is here, breathe in oxygen, give out carbon dioxide. It�s been the same for millions of years. You did not design it. You did not create it. You did not conceive it. You did nothing in fact. How come it is your body? It�s not your body at all. You have to think about it. Contemplate on that.

Then the self, the sense of separation. That�s again an illusion. It depends upon how fast the senses are coordinating�slightly slow down, the sense of separation is gone. There is only oneness. You don�t exist as an independent entity at all. There is no separate existence. Not at all. Just another big illusion. Your self is only a concept.

Now how to understand this? A very simple example would help you understand this. Mainly the dress that you�re wearing, you did not design the dress. You did not tailor that dress. You did not weave the textile in the textile mill. You did not grow the cotton or create the polyester that has gone into the dress. In no way are you involved with the dress. How do you say it is your dress? It�s not at all your dress.

Similarly your thoughts are not your thoughts. Your mind is not your mind. Your body is not your body. The self is only a concept. The moment you become awakened you�re out of all this and you see your thoughts automatically happening. You see your speech automatically happening and you see your actions. You may think you�re moving your arm by your control. It�s not so. You can watch the brain in real time. Moments before you decide to move your hand the brain had decided to move the hand. It�s only the illusion that you have decided to move your hand.

Now the problem is you�re identifying yourself with your thoughts, with your mind, with your body and the so-called self. This we call anatma. Anatma in Sanskrit which means false identification. And why is there this false identification? Because of what we call in Sanskrit pragnaparada or failure of intelligence which is what we try to awaken in level 2. Because of failure of intelligence you�re having wrong identification which leads to a sense of separation. The sense of separation is the cause of all problems. All problems inside yourself are caused because of this sense of separation. All problems with the family are caused because of this sense of separation. All problems in your country are caused because of this sense of separation. All problems in the world arise because of this sense of separation.

If you remove the sense of separation then there are no problems in the individual, no problems in the family, no problems in the nation, no problems in the world. That is the root cause of all problems. To be free of the self is the only revolution.

The only solution to all our problems is to ultimately awaken where we lose this sense of separation. That is the real problem