Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Cures of Edgar Cayce and More!

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Ill add manuka honey to my shopping list, thanks Ronin.
    Moonlight, also thankyou for your post, many good ideas in there,k

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), modwiz (6th April 2014), Moonlight (6th April 2014), ronin (8th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (6th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by lookbeyond View Post
    Ill add manuka honey to my shopping list, thanks Ronin.
    Moonlight, also thankyou for your post, many good ideas in there,k
    Manuka honey tastes absolutely delicious. You shouldn't have any trouble getting her to take it Though she might be less inclined to slather it on her face lol.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), lookbeyond (5th April 2014), modwiz (6th April 2014), Moonlight (6th April 2014), Sooz (5th April 2014), Spiral (6th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Seikou-Kishi View Post
    Well, in terms of using it as a component in creams... oregano oil itself can be very potent. The plant (which I suspect is the oil Spiral is referring to as well) is Origanum vulgare, and its oil is highly potent and will sting the skin quite readily. I am not one who believes every essential oil must be diluted (and happily take a lot of them internally, too) but oregano is one which would be much more appealing when diluted.
    The plant I used was Origanum Vulgare which I have in abundance near my mountain house in Bulgaria. I made oregano infused oil and the method I used was maceration which made the oil less potent, I tested it on my skin and it doesn't sting, now I started using it on my son's eczema patches. He is fine with it.

As ronin mentioned manuka honey I have to mention that 10 days ago my son had runny nose and some symptoms of cold. In this case I use manuka honey mixed with olive leaves powder 2:1 and I give him 1 tsp twice a day. The cold disappeared within a day or two and all symptoms cleared in 4 days, there was no complications such as cough. But I also noticed that his eczema which was very aggravated prior to the cold cleared as well. This make me thing the combination manuka honey + olive leaves powder works for inflamed eczema skin as well. I stopped giving him the mixture on the fourth day after the cold appeared but since I noticed the other effect I decided to start it again for a week and see whether the skin will clear completely.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), lookbeyond (6th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (8th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Oh interesting Altaira, would i be able to replace olive leaves powder with something i can buy in health food shop, eg olive leaf extract?I hav a younger child who is asthmatic and has exzema also, thanks lookbeyond

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (7th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), ronin (8th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Spiral, thanks for the thoughts about dairy.
    I will try the oregano oil on my supposed sunspots also!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (7th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), ronin (8th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Many laundry detergents are perfumed. As are softeners and those stinky little papers that people put in their dryers as well. These perfumes, are toxic. Breathing and skin problems can, and do, frequently arise with no connection made.

I have to place sheets over many a clients clothes when I work on them. I would have to leave the room otherwise as my mucous membranes become very irritated by these chemicals. I often know I will have to do this before the session begins because I can smell the perfume behind the closed door before I enter the room, or I picked it up during the intake part of the session.

The toxicity of these chemicals is established. Like poison ivy, some are unaffected.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (7th April 2014), lookbeyond (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (21st August 2016), ronin (8th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thankyou Modwiz, a good point, i do an extra rinse on all washes. If any one has any ideas for a detergent which actually works and is non toxic removes stains and odour, i would b interested. I recently looked at a brand online in Australia "Bosistos" which is based on eucalyptus, tho it is not completely natural. I hav so much washing at my house that hand scrubbing with a soap is not viable..

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (7th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (8th April 2014), Seikou-Kishi (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Try soap nuts. I get mine from Laundry Tree http://www.laundrytree.com/.

They are actually the fruit of a tree that grows in the Himalayas...dried...no scent...biodegradable...and they really work!

Been washing clothes and cleaning my house with soap nuts for years since I'm allergic to most scents and chemicals.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (7th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), PurpleLama (8th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), ronin (8th April 2014), Sooz (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    [QUOTE=lookbeyond;18806]Oh interesting Altaira, would i be able to replace olive leaves powder with something i can buy in health food shop, eg olive leaf extract?I hav a younger child who is asthmatic and has exzema also, thanks lookbeyond[/QUOTE

Both me and my son had asthma which dissipated two years ago when I started reading the labels the supermarkets and avoid every chemical in the food. I mainly buy organic food not from the supermarkets plus most of the rest of the food I get from the nearest farm. We both don't drink milk he is 95% dairy free however I buy raw milk and make milk kefir for myself. I think my asthma disappeared when I became vegetarian and included lots of dark green veg in my diet.

I know for sure that my son's eczema disappears every summer as we spend at least a month in Bulgaria where there is a lot of sunshine and also we go to the seaside there. Black sea has higher content of Cystoseira barbata a seaweed which is claimed to be rich in iodine and some other trace minerals.From this experience I think my son is mineral deficient and this is the next thing I am going to tackle. In addition I make the creams that I use for his eczema patches and think this is the best way.

As about olive leaf extract I bought olive leaves from amazon and ground them into powder. I personally prefer to see the herb as I don't really trust manufacturers.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (7th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), PurpleLama (8th April 2014), ronin (8th April 2014), Sooz (7th April 2014), Spiral (7th April 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,662 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Well , I had my eyes checked and after all there machines to determinant that i have the first stages of near sightedness or the lack of it ,is more the truth. so tomorrow i will begin with caster oil, with i guess a wipe cloth over my eyelids for a while with a few drops,or maybe even a drop in my eyes,hmmmmm not shore, will have to study a little first.
    Last edited by Tonz, 8th April 2014 at 13:24.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tonz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (8th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), ronin (8th April 2014)

Retired Member UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,328 Times in 1,589 Posts
    you don,t think Edgar had a cure for piles do you?
    they get bloody sore sometimes

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ronin For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by ronin View Post
    you don,t think Edgar had a cure for piles do you?
    they get bloody sore sometimes
    http://www.edgarcayce.org/IntSearchH.../prhemo3a.html

This the proportion in the preparation of Tim:
    As we find, there are other properties much preferable in the use of same than the old formula. Here's the better formula:
    To 1 ounce of oil of butterfat, add:
    Tincture of benzoin, 10 minims
    Atomidine, or atomic iodine, 5 minims (or iodine, though atomic iodine is that with the poison out-but plain iodine is not as expensive as the Atomidine)
    Powdered tobacco or snuff, preferably the snuff-the powdered, 3 drams
    Stir well together. Preferable that this never be put in tin, but rather in the porcelain or glass; and should be in an ounce or ounce and a quarter hexagon-shaped jar, preferably. The directions would be to apply as an ointment to affected portions once or twice each day. Rest as much as possible after application, with the feet elevated above the head. It'll cure it! 1800-20
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (8th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (8th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), ronin (8th April 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by tonton View Post
    Well , I had my eyes checked and after all there machines to determinant that i have the first stages of near sightedness or the lack of it ,is more the truth. so tomorrow i will begin with caster oil, with i guess a wipe cloth over my eyelids for a while with a few drops,or maybe even a drop in my eyes,hmmmmm not shore, will have to study a little first.
    Don't know if you heard of Edgar Cayce , but one of the reasons he gave for myopia is that the bones in your cervical (neck area) column could be misaligned, thereby causing a strain in your optical nerve. This could be what is happening to you. Maybe that is why when you tilt your head, you can see fine, maybe the pressure is being relieved when you do that. Try the Edgar Cayce neck exercises.

In a trance, Cayce told his young secretary that the headaches were caused by eyestrain resulting from de*flected circulation due to bad posture. Besides telling her to throw away her glasses and do some electrical stimulation with the Violet Ray,b he suggested head and neck exercises.

Twice a day Gladys was instructed to move her head up and down (chin to chest) slowly three times; to the right, three times; to the left three times: then neck rolls clockwise and counter-clockwise (three times each). Cayce would go on to explain the neck exercise as it was often prescribed.

When we remove the pressures of the toxic forces we will improve vision. Also the head and neck exercise will be most helpful. Take this regularly, not taking it sometimes and leaving off some*times, but each morning and each evening take this exercise regularly for six months and we will see a great deal of difference... Don 't hurry through it, but take time to do it. You will get re*sults.

below is some Cayce info I found on the internet which might be of help:

In Reading 341-28 for a 21-year-old with myopia, Cayce suggested that the head and neck exercises would equalize circulation to carry the rebuilding forces and remove used forces that affected sight. He cautioned her not to do these exercises merely as rote.

If this is done with a purpose, and with the intent that goes with same, then much more should and will be accomplished. In six weeks there should be all the change as would be desired.

It can be easily understood that lack of circulation in the head and eyes could cause vision problems. Cayce pointed to the functioning of the spine as the major cause. In 50 of the cases analyzed by this author, he al*ways traced the cause of eye problems to the spine.

http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1526531
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (8th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (8th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Thanks
    I will stand by castor oil for the diminishing/removal of all manner of skin ailments, warts, moles, cancers, pimples, acne, and so on. I would like to emphasize once again, to use it mindfully, thinking positive thoughts, like Cayce would have recommended something to the effect of thinking about how a beautiful body gives glory to the creator, or something like that. Castor oil is very responsive to the "energy" of a person. Hence, the pain relieving quality that comes into play when the concerned parent uses it on the injured child, a scenario played out weekly at my house.

That being said, it is by no means the only natural product with healing properties.

Carry on. I like the way this thread is shaping up.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (8th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (8th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016)

Thanks
    I will be trying this product for allergies/hayfever symptoms, for my 4 year old son, mostly. It is recommended for most respiratory ailments, asthma, bronchitis, heck, even for TB.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th August 2016), Altaira (12th April 2014), lookbeyond (9th April 2014), modwiz (8th April 2014), Moonlight (9th April 2014), RealityCreation (22nd August 2016), sandy (9th April 2014)