Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A little book that everyone should read

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,402 Times in 1,356 Posts
    It is strange how this story keeps me thinking of where we really come from. Probably this is not valid for everyone because we all come here with different tasks.
    Provoked by this narrative I put some of my thoughts in writing.

Rambles of the soul

What is the point and why we go through life cycles? Do we really try to experience the matter, to learn as much as possible? It seems like the more we go the more we learn, but the more we learn the more we fall into the traps of the physical universe and then after many incarnations on different places within this universe we discover that we have become disconnected from our essence/soul.

Did we come here to play?

What game is this?

The memories of who we really are fade gradually away but from time to time we have a glimpse of the reality, strange dreams where we can fly or we experience unearthly sensations. Mostly we dismiss this as an illusion but... One day we wake up and realise what we've done, we realise we became trapped in a place so dangerous and deceitful that our only salvation is to start searching. Soon or later we finaly discover that in order to know we need to reconnect with our essence.

Beyond the mask of the the grand illusion we discover that we chose to play a game.

The game was meant to entertain us and we agreed to the rules of the game. Some enjoy the game others soon realise the hazard and try to disconnect. For the latter the traps are invented, the “inventors” wanted to make sure the game will continue and for this to be sustained souls have to stay and play.

One of those traps is the pain. Pain equips you with a huge amount of new sensations not known by the loving soul. Pain causes trauma, trauma travels through the consciousness to the soul and confuses it. The soul doesn't know what to do with this experience or how to deal with it, the soul knows LOVE. It tries to understand it and to transform it into love but this requires certain abilities gained through trade-off when the soul agreed to the rules.of the game.
    According to them in order to experience the new sensation such as pain you have to become small and hinder your powers. A very risky adventure for extremely curious entities willing to sacrifice something so precious. . Without powers you can be entrapped easier and this guarantees your participation, your long term involvement and and obedience.

The soul is busy to figure out how to deal with the traps and remains captured into the physical universe. The longer it stays the more it forgets why came here in the first place. It loses more and more of its power. Slowly but surely it becomes lost within the riddles of the pain, trying to solve them out. One day the soul finally sees through that all this pain is pointless, harmful and constrictive.
    The real goal now is to regain its own powers, to remember and re-join with the true purpose of its existence. In a way the pain conveys realisation that there is no need for this experience, and can be seen as a gateway of the re-connection with the divine being, the creator.

Because

We are all creators who have forgotten how to create.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

777 (22nd February 2015), lookbeyond (4th April 2015), monk (22nd February 2015), Moonlight (22nd February 2015), Sebastion (22nd February 2015), Tonz (22nd February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 2,477 Posts
    Just started chapter 2 for the umpteenth time, god I love this book!

Remember the Kybalion? One principle: the universe is mental.

This principle is exactly the creator method utilised within this book. If only we were all responsible enough to know with absolute "certainty"(!) that every thought we have, word we speak,direction we glance and physical movement is if our very own design once awakened to it. Lest we continue believing in a world of restriction and victims mentality.

My Sunday is going great (again). Thanks SiStar

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 777 For This Useful Post:

Altaira (22nd February 2015), lookbeyond (4th April 2015), monk (22nd February 2015), Moonlight (22nd February 2015), Sebastion (23rd February 2015), Tribe (22nd February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by 777 View Post

If only we were all responsible enough to know with absolute "certainty"(!) that every thought we have, word we speak,direction we glance and physical movement is if our very own design once awakened to it. Lest we continue believing in a world of restriction and victims mentality.
    Certainty is the most difficult skill to remember. We have been conditioning ourselves over millennia that we are weak and powerless. Now as I see it the time is irrelevant and it will take only determination to reverse this.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

777 (22nd February 2015), lookbeyond (4th April 2015), monk (22nd February 2015), Moonlight (22nd February 2015), Sebastion (22nd February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 319 Posts
    Certainty is only for those special people who know everything and everyone....lol

This is an amazing book, with the character "Talawanda" showing us all how fearful higher dimensionals are of coming here to "help"; Risk of imprisonment is too great.

I've said it before I'll say it again with the kind of self-deluded certainty only I am capable of; Everyone who cares most about us is here on Earth with us, and I for one do love you all so dearly for making the commitment.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to monk For This Useful Post:

777 (22nd February 2015), Altaira (22nd February 2015), lookbeyond (4th April 2015), Moonlight (22nd February 2015), Sebastion (23rd February 2015), Tribe (22nd February 2015)

In Memoriam
    Thanks
    The universe as we know it is indeed mental. In my out of body travels in this life, I went far beyond the mental regions and entered higher mind on many an occasion. Make no mistake, we have two minds and there-in lies the disconnect. As I understand it to be, all souls, entities, whatever you choose to call it, must pass through the mental region. It is there-in that the soul must take on lower mind if it wishes to extend itself into the lower worlds. Castaneda referred to it as being "their mind" yet lower mind and their mind is essentially the exact same thing.

Lower mind is/can be a very insidious thing. By its very design, it will never lead one to higher mind. Higher mind is the very antithesis of lower mind. Over the eons, higher mind has been all but totally forgotten and lower mind reigns supreme or so lower mind would have you believe. Mind cannot be used to seek mind because mind cannot grasp mind. However the spirit can be used to seek spirit and within that spiritual connection freedom from the lower world games can be found if that is your intent. It is the spirit which will lead you beyond the mental and into the truth of all things.

Quote Originally posted by 777 View Post

This principle is exactly the creator method utilised within this book. If only we were all responsible enough to know with absolute "certainty"(!) that every thought we have, word we speak,direction we glance and physical movement is if our very own design once awakened to it. Lest we continue believing in a world of restriction and victims mentality.

My Sunday is going great (again). Thanks SiStar

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Useful Post:

777 (24th February 2015), Altaira (24th February 2015), lookbeyond (4th April 2015), monk (24th February 2015), Moonlight (24th February 2015), Spiritwind (25th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hi Sebastion, all you are saying completely resonates with what I sense to be true. Can we assume that once we manage to disconnecte from the lower mind we can constantly reside withing the higher mind? Is such thing possible while we are in the human body or the body itself requires lower mind to operate?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

lookbeyond (4th April 2015), monk (25th February 2015), Moonlight (24th February 2015), Sebastion (25th February 2015)

In Memoriam
    Thanks
    The initial step into regaining one's own sovereignty is to become aware of the fact that you are aware of your own awareness and it is that awareness which is the essence of you. When you realize that, you should recognize also that your awareness is separate from the mind. It is from that awareness that you realize you are in charge of the mind, not the mind being in charge of you. You will realize that the mind is a tool which you are in charge of and its use is at your discretion. It is your own pure awareness which must reclaim the seat of power within you.

Your question regarding higher mind requires an extended, in-depth discussion over more then one post, so the short answer is both yes and no!

Quote Originally posted by Altaira View Post
    Hi Sebastion, all you are saying completely resonates with what I sense to be true. Can we assume that once we manage to disconnecte from the lower mind we can constantly reside withing the higher mind? Is such thing possible while we are in the human body or the body itself requires lower mind to operate?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Useful Post:

Altaira (26th February 2015), lookbeyond (4th April 2015), monk (28th February 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I wish I could find the follow up book, both the author and t'other chap Gerrone? nend up on L Ron Hubbards 'hate list' Were they bumped off or just returned 'home naturally, the truth having set them free?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to blue For This Useful Post:

Altaira (3rd April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by blue View Post
    I wish I could find the follow up book, both the author and t'other chap Gerrone? nend up on L Ron Hubbards 'hate list' Were they bumped off or just returned 'home naturally, the truth having set them free?
    There is no follow up book or at least I haven't fount it yet.
    I'm not sure what you mean by
    nend up on L Ron Hubbards 'hate list' Were they bumped off or just returned 'home naturally, the truth having set them free?

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sebastion View Post
    The initial step into regaining one's own sovereignty is to become aware of the fact that you are aware of your own awareness and it is that awareness which is the essence of you. When you realize that, you should recognize also that your awareness is separate from the mind. It is from that awareness that you realize you are in charge of the mind, not the mind being in charge of you. You will realize that the mind is a tool which you are in charge of and its use is at your discretion. It is your own pure awareness which must reclaim the seat of power within you.

Your question regarding higher mind requires an extended, in-depth discussion over more then one post, so the short answer is both yes and no!
    Hi Sebastion, i would really appreciate if you hav the time to read your long version of your answer. The Book really touched my heart and left me somewhat sad but also excited.. i find meditation difficult to relax "fully" into, ie truly letting go of myself/control/mind. I hav awareness that i am not my body as such, in fact sometimes i feel like im not me at all and that people react to this avatar- not me- sorry if this does not make sense,lb

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Altaira (4th April 2015), Sebastion (4th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sebastion View Post

I would love to see this thread develops further in this direction Sebastion. Please continue as I see it is not just me who would like to read your insides.

Thank you,

Altaira

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Altaira For This Useful Post:

Sebastion (6th April 2015)

In Memoriam
    Thanks
    To finish directly answering your questions, I will add that one does not seek to disconnect from lower mind but rather rise beyond it, using your own innate awareness coupled with a powerful intent to do just that. Regarding living in higher mind fully, I would imagine that is fully possible if you lived high up in the mountains in a cave or a monastery. The problem with that is that you would be of no earthly value and you would find you could not relate at all, eventually, to other human beings period. My belief in that area is that you took human form to experience what being a human is all about. One cannot experience the variety of life on this planet by living exclusively in a monastery or a cave. As far as the body is concerned, it is given life and fueled by your own consciousness. There is much more to get into in that area which I have no desire to get into. So the short answer is no, the body is not wholly dependent on lower mind to function.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th April 2015), lookbeyond (5th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    I am wondering if those who read this book would share what they think about it. Do you take it just as a fiction or do you think there is deep truth in it?

For me personally it had very deep impact as the concept that suggests who we are resonates with me a lot. I think there is a lot of truth behind the fiction and this was like a catalyser for my spiritual development. Since I read it I've been in constant search for answers what is behind the illusion, where is my higher self and how to stay connected with it all the time. While searching withing I found that my inner connectedness is growing stronger and the answers I've been searching for have become closer and manifested themselves with amazing synchronicity. I had the chance to meet wise people who have managed to explore this topic in great dept, I also think that thanks to all wonderful souls here on TOT my knowledge has expanded hugely. My understanding about my own path and journey is expanding every day and the wonders of this universe are unfolding in front of me in the most unexpected ways.
    I still think that this little book can give something very valuable to everyone who reads it. From my perspective now I think that the word "should" which I used in the title of this thread is not a language mistake modwiz but unconscious choice that turned to be the right one.
    I agree. I think this book is a good one to have as well as right beside it should be The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. Using both of these one may actually step away and see the dream for what it is. Thanks for the link. I saw this years back and could never find it again. I too have bookmarked it.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th April 2015), lookbeyond (5th April 2015), Sebastion (6th April 2015)

In Memoriam
    Thanks
    Hi Lookbeyond, Learning to meditate for me initially was to hard so I chose to contemplate instead. In the beginning I had to fight hard to get the mind to stop it's incessant flow. It was only when I learned how to rise above my own river of thoughts when I chose to, in contemplation that I could begin to understand the difference between the mind's chatter, river of thoughts, etc. and then began to enter into the observer mode via awareness itself. It is not hard, it is simple, peaceful observing and can be very restful in itself. It's more about learning to discipline the mind and taking charge of it-you using the mind, not allowing the mind to use you! I know of no other way to do it beyond that. One simply builds a place within that is perfectly safe, natural and pleasant to experience. The "journey" begins from that point.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th April 2015), lookbeyond (5th April 2015), Tribe (5th April 2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 234 Posts
    Just finished reading this … thanks … couple of really good quotes, I especially like this one

"If you want to be free, then become certain your illusions are real!"

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dianna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (8th April 2015), lookbeyond (5th April 2015), Sebastion (5th April 2015)