Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sonia Poulton & David Icke bust up at TPV over Finances

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts

Exclamation Sonia Poulton & David Icke bust up at TPV over Finances

SONIA POULTON

I have been overwhelmed by the support I have received following my departure from The People’s Voice on Monday, January 6, 2014.

This is my statement of events.

During the brief period when I worked as a full-time journalist and presenter at The People's Voice office in Wembley – every week day, sometimes 12 hours a day for the period from November 18th to January 6th - various volunteers and staff made alarming comments to me about the financial accounting at The People’s Voice.

I was told that public money had been 'squandered', ‘spent unwisely’ and ‘in an easy-come, easy-go manner’. I was informed that various pieces of equipment, including a handheld camera, had ‘gone missing’. It was alleged that money had been paid to someone who did not warrant being paid and who shared a property in Wembley with David - amongst other accusations.

Given these suspicions I was not happy with David Icke and Sean Adl-Tabatabai - TPV's station manager - suggesting a second telethon on January 3, 2014. This was to raise more money for TPV following a two-week Christmas break from live programming.

I realised that the public, who had already donated far in excess of £300,000, was losing some goodwill towards TPV – and for a number of reasons.

I felt, as did other members of staff who said it to me – but did not have the courage to say it to David Icke directly - that all financial dealings should be public and transparent.

I believe, and conveyed this to David Icke, Sean ADL and Liz Roberts – in their respective roles as Station Manager and Production Manager - that all money paid out – including expenses and staff wages should be published monthly. This idea never progressed beyond the asking stage.

This, and other issues reached a head for me on Friday night when I was asked to take part in the telethon to raise money even though I didn’t know entirely where the previous public money had gone to.

I should add I refused point blank to take part in the first telethon in early November before the station had even launched. Not only was I unimpressed with some of the content of that telethon, as a representation of TPV, but I felt there was something wrong in asking the public for more money BEFORE they had seen even one programme.

So it was that I was not happy to do this latest telethon but I did it because I wanted TPV to succeed.

Despite my misgivings, I put my heart into it including organising a Question Time-style panel and a film recorded on New Year’s Eve about people who are doing important activism to make positive changes to our world.

I was, and remain, proud of this input – and output - and all the people involved in making this happen and all for only the petrol money to cover the filming.

After the telethon, I slept badly on Friday night and by Saturday morning I had sent an e-mail to David Icke outlining my serious concerns about the finances at The People’s Voice.

I heard nothing back from him. This was unusual because David is not only a prolific writer but he has always responded within hours, sometimes minutes, of my sending him an e-mail.

I arrived at the TPV office on Monday about 10am. David’s office door, a glass-type partition, was closed and I tapped on it. He refused to look up at me and kept staring at the screen in front of him.

Undaunted, I opened the door, said ‘good morning’ and asked if I could have a talk with him. He refused. He said he had to wait until Sean arrived before we could talk. I asked him when that would be. He said any minute.

Sean arrived about 45 minutes later. Liz Roberts, Head of Production, came to me and said they were ready for the meeting. Then, somewhat oddly, she led me to the darkened, sound-proofed studio where the music and performance segment of TPV is recorded.

I was uncomfortable with this as I was uncertain why we were meeting in here seeing as David normally conducts meetings in his or Sean ADL’s office, both at the end of the TPV main office.

Several chairs had been placed in the darkened studio in a semi-circle and I sat down on the chair that was most set apart from the others. Sean ADL took a seat and Liz Roberts went to get David Icke. It was silent between Sean and I and we waited a minute or so until David Icke joined us.

I could see that David was already furious when he arrived in the room. He looked how I had seen him on several other occasions when he has lost his temper with members of staff. He sat down on the chair directly opposite me and in the middle of Sean ADL and Liz Roberts and I said, ‘who’s going to start?’

David said that seeing as I was the one with the allegations, it should be me.

I told him that for the past few weeks people in the office – including volunteers and paid staff - had been coming to me and making troubling accusations about misappropriation of the funds.

I had heard stories of nights out on expenses, of many rounds of drinks and food being bought in pubs, of takeaways and alcohol being ordered to the People’s Voice by - and for - paid staff members.

There were even more outrageous accusations told to me including people who received money from TPV who had some personal involvement with David Icke.

I told David, Sean ADL and Liz Roberts that TPV was struggling financially because public goodwill towards TPV was at a low ebb because, amongst other things, a lack of transparency.

I said that I felt it personally important to see how the money had been spent up to this point – and not least because David always agreed with me about the importance of transparency in all dealings.

David’s voice was raised and he demanded to hear more of my allegations and who they involved.

I felt that this was some kind of a trap and I said I wasn’t going to name names at this stage and that I just wanted to see where the money had been spent. He refused. He said I would have to wait until the end of the year. He was furious that I dared to question the funds.

His entire attitude was indignant and outraged by my request. I asked him if I would need to put in a Freedom of Information request to get the information from The People’s Voice regarding accounting.

I was shocked by the corporate front that David Icke, Liz Roberts and Sean ADL were showing me with regard what had happened with the money and I said that I believed TPV was operating no differently – with it’s hierarchy of decently paid management, numerous unpaid volunteers and no accountability – to the corporations we despised.

It was at this point that David Icke lost his temper completely. He started shouting that I was the most divisive character that he had ever met in the media and that everyone hated me at TPV. He asked Liz Roberts to back this statement up but she couldn’t. Given that Liz has previously stated in public in the office that I am ‘an example to all of us’, I didn’t feel that she could really back up his accusation with any credibility.

This emotional attack from David alarmed me greatly. I had only asked for financial transparency and not only was he refusing to let me have this information but he tried to use intimidation techniques to deflect me from pursuing it too.

David Icke tells everyone I am a PROPER journalist. His words. When I am on air I am told he walks from office to office, pointing at the screen and saying ‘that’s real journalism’. The big problem here is

David Icke is only happy when I am investigating anyone or anything other than him and The People’s Voice.

I am not saying that anyone has carried out fraud at TPV. I have no proof of that. What I am saying, however, is that I believe there exists a cavalier attitude, at times, to the spending of public funds.

At TPV I have seen the letters of people who donate their hard-to-come-by cash. Children giving up their pocket money and pensioners contributing part of their pension. It greatly upsets me to see the laissez faire attitude towards their money.

The statement on my departure released by TPV and written by David Icke – according to Liz Roberts in correspondence with presenter Barrie Sharpe – was designed to smear me.

None of what was said even came up in the meeting yesterday morning. David Icke's statement was an affront not only to me but to anyone who supports me and to anyone who donated their time, efforts and money to TPV. Thank goodness so many people have seen right through it and reacted accordingly.

I would be more than happy to debate TPV with David Icke, Sean Adl-Tabatabai and Liz Roberts on camera and in a neutral environment. I have nothing to hide.

It is not me who seeks to take people into a darkened room away from other people in the office at the point when the person wants to address important questions about alleged financial mismanagement. I am, and remain, transparent in my dealings.

I am informed by a member of staff that there have been orders to ‘remove me’. This includes taking down a great deal of information I have conveyed on film at TPV including a video we shot on New Years Eve about children being taken into care and about people campaigning against fracking.

David Icke says The People’s Voice is about ‘the content and not the personality’. If that is so, why would he have sanctioned the removal of ‘the content’ that I contributed to The People’s Voice?

Content, I might add, that I have already copied and feel totally at liberty to post on to Youtube. I believe that the public, who paid for this, is entitled to that and it should not be stopped because of the vindictive behaviour of people who claim to know better.

I am in no doubt that David Icke shouted at me in the meeting because, rather than accept that there may be a problem of a certain culture growing at TPV, he chose to deflect the blame for his failings onto me and my character.

I acknowledge that I am capable of being a fiery character. I’ve said it on camera. It’s part of who I am but it is entirely wrong – as they suggest in the official statement about my departure – to suggest that I don’t treat people with respect.

You only have to look at the wonderful things that have been said about me following my departure from TPV. I am quite blown away by the strength of support.

So I have to ask: why would David Icke attempt to smear my character? I only asked where The People’s Voice money had gone to?

Hardly an unreasonable question, I thought, given myself – and many others - were contributing great amounts of time and money to making TPV happen.

I’m not looking for a medal but I did more than work at TPV, I have also put my hand in my own pocket and have funded a hire car, petrol, pictures and food for volunteers.

I am far from financially wealthy and I am a single parent with only my income coming in, but I have contributed what I could because I believed in what TPV was capable of.

I am deeply upset what has come to pass. It has taken me a day to compose my thoughts into any semblance of order. I believed in the capability of TPV. I don’t anymore. As it stands, it is not capable of being the true media we so desperately need in this world.

When I was sat in the meeting yesterday morning I realised that these three people before me were not capable of creating an alternative media. I knew that if I were to stay a moment longer I was in danger of damaging my own hard-won reputation of honesty and misleading the public too. I could not do that and that is why I left.

I am also upset because there are people at TPV whom I have become very fond of. Good people who want to make a better world but who are unaware – or don’t know how to deal with - the real issues of injustice right under their noses.

It won’t stop me trying to create that media I can imagine, though. I have gained a great deal of understanding of what not to do and I have plans right now how to implement my own show. I will only do this if it can be completely transparent because that is what I believe we need more of in this world. I thought TPV could offer that. It didn’t.

For the record, David Icke needs to understand that respect – as his official statement about me calls for – is a two-way street. He is so used to being all-powerful in his environment that he responds badly to being challenged.

Despite repeatedly saying that ‘presenters have free-will’ David Icke did not hesitate to make known some of his dissatisfactions with me inviting on guests whom he had fallen out with in the past.

I witnessed that side of him and so did Sean ADL and Liz Roberts. They sat back and allowed it to happen. That’s why they are still there. They do not challenge him because to do so would challenge the comfortable and unaccountable existence at TPV that they have come to enjoy.

Both Sean ADL and Liz Roberts publicly have stated that TPV may not survive beyond the end of January unless the station gets more money in. Well, as two of the people who have access to TPV's funds, they would know.

As of this afternoon I have not received the requested information on financial accounting. How difficult can it be to show how much has been donated to The People's Voice and where and by whom it has been spent?

Upon receipt of the information from The People’s Voice, I will report on my findings just as I report on the behaviour of other organisations.

The silence from the station, in response to the extraordinary support of people who are appalled at the statement issued by David Icke on behalf of The People’s Voice, speaks volumes.

This is my statement of the events of yesterday at The People’s Voice with David Icke, Liz Roberts and Sean Adl-Tabatabai. I have sent this statement to all these three people as well as posting it on my website and on social network sites.

Sonia Poulton, January 7th, 2014

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (8th January 2014), Cearna (9th January 2014), Church (8th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), GCS1103 (9th January 2014), modwiz (8th January 2014), Sooz (9th January 2014), The One (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (9th January 2014)

Fred Steeves
    If these allegations are indeed true, and they sound all too familiar, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Especially her statement below, as the Alternative Media (like everywhere else) is rife with little fiefdoms. Some people are simply *not* to be challenged...

He is so used to being all-powerful in his environment that he responds badly to being challenged.
    fief·dom
    n.
    1. The estate or domain of a feudal lord.

2. Something over which one dominant person or group exercises control
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fiefdom

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (8th January 2014), Cearna (9th January 2014), Church (8th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), GCS1103 (9th January 2014), KosmicKat (8th January 2014), modwiz (8th January 2014), The One (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,049 Times in 1,574 Posts
    This often happens with people (speaking of David Icke here) who reach certain heights of fame. The begin to believe all the adulation they get from the throngs and start to think they are "above" the rest of us and deserve to be able make judgments because of that.

We saw the same thing (in a way) happen on PA.

That's why it's important for us not to begin to venerate others. We are all wise. We all know more in certain areas and less in others. Seems David has fallen prey to his own warnings. He served a purpose in the 90's and early 2000 to help wake many up. I have felt for some time that is purpose had past. Perhaps his being aware of this and refusing to accept it has created this monster.

I was suspicious in the beginning when he began asking for money. He must have some wealth by now. Why not start the station himself and then ask for donations (is what I asked myself at the time.)

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (9th January 2014), Church (8th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), GCS1103 (9th January 2014), KosmicKat (8th January 2014), modwiz (8th January 2014), Spiral (8th January 2014), The One (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BabaRa View Post
    He served a purpose in the 90's and early 2000 to help wake many up. I have felt for some time that is purpose had past.
    Yep. Me too. It's sad, but the truth is, everyone, the moment people make a career out of waking people up, is the moment that they lose credibility. The masses are partially at fault here, too, for putting him on a pedestal.

Find the whistleblower inside of yourselves. David is no more special than anyone else.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Church For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (8th January 2014), Cearna (9th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), GCS1103 (9th January 2014), modwiz (8th January 2014), Spiral (8th January 2014), The One (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    He must have some wealth by now. Why not start the station himself and then ask for donations (is what I asked myself at the time.)
    He says he is as poor as a church mouse, despite selling 20,000,000 books at £ 15 ($20 at least) each..........................

Not to mention his sell out talks & live streams

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Cearna (9th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    The Ickester speaks out ....

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (8th January 2014), Cearna (9th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), john parslow (8th January 2014), Sooz (9th January 2014), Wolf Khan (24th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 473 Posts
    Has anyone else come forward in support of Sonia's claims?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (8th January 2014), Cearna (9th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), Sooz (9th January 2014), Spiral (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Spiral View Post
    He says he is as poor as a church mouse, despite selling 20,000,000 books at £ 15 ($20 at least) each..........................

Not to mention his sell out talks & live streams

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Frances (8th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,320 Times in 464 Posts
    Sounded like the truth from David Icke to me, methinks SP is the Diva she came across as. JP

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to john parslow For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th January 2014), Frances (8th January 2014), modwiz (9th January 2014), Sooz (9th January 2014), Spiral (9th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by john parslow View Post
    Sounded like the truth from David Icke to me, methinks SP is the Diva she came across as. JP
    I've heard it said there are 3 sides to every story: His side - Her side - And the truth.

I'm guessing that's the case here.

Does sound suspicious that Sonia's Team has stayed with David, rather than leaving with her.

But then David mentioned 2 other people had left previously who also claimed money wasn't being spent correctly.

I personally thought it was strange when David said: Now they would have to waste time putting figures together, rather than working on getting started. What?? .. a well-run business, especially one using other folk's money should be keeping track of monies spent on a regular basis - not have to scurry around putting figures together.

Sounds like a bit of egos clashing mixed with at least some mis-management.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BabaRa For This Useful Post:

Cearna (9th January 2014), Frances (9th January 2014), GCS1103 (9th January 2014), KosmicKat (9th January 2014), modwiz (9th January 2014), Sooz (9th January 2014), Spiral (9th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 294 Posts
    Whenever anyone starts a speech or begins a written article like this...REMEMBER - It's a lie, con job or sales trick.

SONIA POULTON

I have been overwhelmed by the support I have received following my departure from The People’s Voice on Monday, January 6, 2014.

No. 1 - She is not a director, owner of TPV. What money they received in donations or from investors pockets and how it was spent is none of her damn business.

She cleverly used this divisive topic to alarm past or future donors. Why?

I've never heard of this woman or watched her present. Reading what she wrote, it becomes obvious she is a bitter blooming idiot. All those words that convey absolutely nothing.

If her bitch is really about money, which it can't be, as she has an agenda....300,000GBP in US dollars is less than half a million.

It's Walk Around money for producers. ($493,502 USD would never even get you on the air in the US) and wouldn't buy you anything near what is needed to set up an electronic studio and all the computer equipment needed to function to get on air. You wouldn't believe the cost (union labor) here for microphones...as NO ONE EXCEPT A UNION MEMBER IS PERMITTED TO TOUCH THEM...at any time.
    Big, BIG FINES.

Costs for the bricks and mortar building the business is not even covered.

You'd have nothing left for the building, rent, forming a corporation, taxes, legal fees, electric bills, water, heat/air conditioning or any other fixed overhead expenses. There would be no money to pay wages.

I watched the video with David Icke. He is way too polite. He should have told her to bugger off American style.

Normal people do not behave like her. She is selfish and went nuclear without a hoot who she destroys.
    WOW...SHE HAS A LONG FUSE.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th January 2014), Cearna (9th January 2014), Frances (9th January 2014), john parslow (9th January 2014), KosmicKat (9th January 2014), modwiz (9th January 2014), Sooz (9th January 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    At the risk of being pelted with rotten tomatoes on my computer screen, I think there are far too many being negative to Icke.

AFTER ALL HE'S DONE, now everyone is saying he's earning too much money, etc etc. Give me a break.

Too fast to criticise imo.

I'm with Icke.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th January 2014), Cearna (10th January 2014), Frances (9th January 2014), john parslow (9th January 2014), Spiral (9th January 2014)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,398 Times in 3,150 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BabaRa View Post
    BabaRa, I would not have expected this from you.

I find it very disrespectful, given all Icke has achieved to inform humanity at great cost to himself and his family.
    Last edited by Sooz, 9th January 2014 at 10:35.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sooz For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th January 2014), Cearna (10th January 2014), Frances (9th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear

At the end of the day we all make mistakes,maybe David tooooooooooooo

Not one to shoot anyone down but i remember being slated for saying a negative comment about David.Yes that's all it was and boom boom bam.I appreciate even if David Ickle ever did something really bad and he explained it a few days later on youtube his followers would always believe him.

I respect what David as done but i think this time he may have taken on to much with the peoples voice.Can i just point out to the die hard David fans i am not having a dig.

cheers
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th January 2014), Cearna (10th January 2014), Frances (9th January 2014), Spiral (9th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I would also like to point out to people who are not familiar with DIs "TV" channel TPV that it is an internet based project and it has never been "on air" in the same way as the BBC etc, and that a lot of people who work there do so for free or for considerably less money than in mainstream TV for idealogical & moral reasons.

As for what is really going on, well both Sonia & David have said a LOT of things between the lines for those with the eyes to see, it will be interesting to see how things play out, like Babs said there are three sides to every argument.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

BabaRa (9th January 2014), Cearna (10th January 2014), Frances (9th January 2014), Wolf Khan (10th January 2014)